Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Adult Reading Activities

I found a nice website run by the California Distance Learning Project and it has a nice amount of reading activities. Here is the link --> http://www.cdlponline.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=activity1&topicID=11&storyID=96

They have reading activities on a wide range of subjects, from family to nature to science. I tried out a nice little story about Dolphins and the Tuna fishing industry. There was a vocab section, a question and answer session; and even a spot for the learner to write in their own words what they learned from the activity.

3 comments:

  1. When I was doing the CALL for Reading assignment, I actually came across this website as well. I think the activities could be very useful and contribute to independent learning. In a classroom setting, I would probably add some pre-reading and post-reading activities and facilitate some sort of related discussion for students to do in pairs or groups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sabah--I really like the stories and think they would be great for out of class work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find...would you please tweet the link with a short description and #ESL #MATESOL tacked on at the end (unless of course you think that would make you a slave to the machine :-)

    ReplyDelete